Adult First Language Acquisition
1. Lifelong first language learning - an autobiography and
So far as I know, this field has never been adequately described or researched. Therefore, in the spirit of ‘exploratory research’ I present an autobiographical case-study focusing on how I as a monolingual adult learned the undergraduate language of medicine. File: lifelong.pdf
2. Adult first language acquisition - academic essay.
This is an analysis of the case study data and the key
1. Why has First Language acquisition research stopped at the teenage
2. Why is there no link between First Language Acquisition and First
Language attrition or loss?
3. What should the field of Adult First Language Acquisition consist of?